Surya Net Worth: Surya is the stage name of Saravanan Sivakumar, an Indian actor, producer, and television host with a prominent career in South Indian cinema. The actor holds one of the top salaries in South India. In all, Forbes India has listed him five times among its Top 100 Celebrities.
Saravanan Sivakumar, Surya’s real name, was born on July 23, 1975, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He will turn 47 years old in 2023. Suriya’s parents are Tamil actors – his father is Siva Kumar, and his mother is Lakshmi Sivakumar. A Tamil film actor named Karthi is Suriya’s younger brother.
In September 2006, Suriya married the actress Jyothika. Their daughters and sons, Diya and Dev, respectively, have those names. A graduate of Loyola College in Chennai, Surya has a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
|Real Name||Saravanan Sivakumar|
|Birthday||23 July 1975|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Profession||Indian actor, producer and television presenter|
|Surya Net Worth||$25 million|
Before becoming an actor, he worked at a garment export company for about 8 months.
His debut in the Tamil film business took place with the 1997 film Nerukku Ner. His role in the film earned him the Khar award for best new actor in 1998.
Due to his lack of confidence, fighting skills, and dancing abilities, Surya struggled a lot in his early acting career.
Perazhagan, a film he starred in in 2014, had a dual part played by him. As a result of the film’s success at the box office, he was nominated for a Filmfare Award as Best Actor in Tamil.
In 2004, he appeared in the box office hit film Ghajini , which was the third highest-grossing film of the year. Throughout his career, Suriya has been successful.
A leading actress in the industry, Jyothika is Surya’s wife. The couple got married on 11 September 2006. In addition to Surya, Dev and Diya have been born to the couple.
- Best actor in Tamil for the movie Maattrraan in 2013.
- Best popular Tamil actor in a lead role for the film Nanda in 2002.
- For the movie 24 in 2017, the Edison awards went to the best protagonist and best antagonist.
- In 2004, Pithamagan won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor and in 2005, Perazhagan won the award for Best Actor.
- 2009 Filmfare Award for Best Actor Tamil for Vaaranam Aayiram.
- The Filmfare Awards south for best actor Tamil for the movie 24 in 2017.
- Kaakha Kaakha won the international Tamil film award for best actor in 2004.
- Kalaimamani awards in the category of literature and art.
- Nanda won the 2001 Tamil Nadu State film award for best actor.
- In the year 2005, the film Ghajini won the special award from the Tamil Nadu State Film Awards.
- Tamil Nadu State Film Award special prize in 2008 for the film Vaaranam Aayiram and Vijay Award for Icon of the Year.
- Best actor award for Vaaranam Aayiram in 2009.
- As the best entertainer of the year and best welfare provider, the movie Ayan and Aadhavan won the Vijay award in 2010.
- The 2016 Vijay award for entertainer of the year went to the movie Singham.
- 1998 Dinakaran best new face actor award for the movie Nerrukku Neer.
- For the movie Ghajini in 2008, South Scope awarded the movie the style icon of the year award.
Surya Net Worth
Forbes estimates that Surya net worth is 186 Crore in Indian rupees approximately $25 Million US in 2023. In his career, he has done so many super hit movies. He is the highest-paid actor in the South Indian film industry.
Currently, Surya earns more than 1.5 Crore rupees every month. He earns the majority of his income by acting in Telugu movies; he charges the producers a considerable amount.
It costs around 20 to 25 Crore rupees to make a Surya movie. Along with that, he also charges a lot of money through TV advertisements and brand promotions. According to him, Surya earns Rs. 2 crore for each brand he endorses. His net worth is increasing every year as a result of back-to-back super hit films. Generally, Surya’s income exceeds 30 Crore Indian rupees per year.
Sudha Kongara’s movie will have Suriya once again playing a criminal. Three of Suriya’s films have featured him as a gangster: ‘Nandha,’ ‘Aaru,’ and ‘Anjaan,’ albeit the latter didn’t do as well as the first two. Also, Suriya was close to abandoning the mafia play genre. In his return to his gangster roots, the actor will work with Sudha Kongara, the director of ‘Soorarai Pottru.’ In the film, Suriya plays a new gangster in a different city.
Who is Surya’s father?
Sivakumar is the Father of Surya Sivakumar.
Who is the best Vijay or Surya?
Children and adults alike prefer Vijay over Surya. Yet, Surya is popular because of his diverse fanbase of adult, female, male, and child fans. Surya is therefore considered superior.
What is the Surya net worth?
According to Forbes, Surya net worth is approximately $25 million in 2023 or 186 crores in Indian rupees