Mithali Raj Net Worth: A native of Jodhpur, Mithali Raj is the captain of the Indian women’s cricket team born on 3 Dec 1982. For the first time in a Test match, an Indian woman has reached a double century. One of her signature shots is the cover drive. Currently, she has the record for most runs scored by a woman in women’s cricket. In addition to the Arjuna Award, Mithali also received the Padma Shri. The Wisden Cricketer of the Year award is first won by an Indian woman that was Mithali Raj.
Education and Family
Her education was completed at Keyes High School for Girls and Kasturba Gandhi Junior College. No information has been disclosed about her higher education.
She was born into a Tamil family. The name of her father is Dorai Raj, and the name of her mother is Leela Raj. Her brother’s name is Mithun Raj. Nevertheless, she has never divulged any information about her personal life or relationships to the public.
Mithali Raj’s Early Life
Mithali Raj began playing cricket when she was ten years old. Her cricket career began in elementary school. Mithali was chosen for the Indian Cricket Team at the age of 17.
She rose to become one of the most accomplished batswomen in just two years, at the age of 19. At the last test in Taunton, she scored a stunning 214 against the England squad.
That was only the beginning of his trip.
Mithali Raj, a right-handed batswoman, has established herself as one of the country’s top batting exporters, not just in terms of technique but also in terms of consistency. Her dependable batswoman skills have made her one of the best in India.
When necessary, Raj can also form partnerships and hit quick-fire innings. As a result of her consistent form, she has scored highly in both one-day and test cricket. Aside from her batsmanship, Raj can add depth to any attack by chipping in a few arms over leg-spinners.
In addition to all that, she serves as the team’s captain. Mithali Raj holds the distinction of captaining India in the most WODI and T20I matches.
She played for India’s women’s cricket squad in both Test matches and One Day Internationals during her career. Moreover, due to her outstanding talent, she was selected for the 1997 Women’s Cricket World Cup as the first woman at 14 years old.
Raj made her One Day International debut two years later, against Ireland in Milton Keynes. The most remarkable aspect of Raj’s debut was his unbroken 114 runs.
As a test player, she made her debut against South Africa in India in 2001-02. From there, nothing stopped her.
The women’s test on August 17 of that year saw Raj set a new world record for the highest individual score.
As a 19-year-old, she broke Karen Rolton’s record of 209* in her third Test by scoring 214 against England, breaking Rolton’s record.
Also Check Out: Virat Kohli Net Worth
- The opening game of her One Day International career against Ireland in 1999 saw her score 114 runs (not out).
- Indian cricket team reached the World Cup finals in 2005 under her leadership. Australia, however, won the tournament.
- Her highest individual score in a world cup competition is a world record. As part of the 2005 Women’s World Cup, she scored 91 runs off 104 balls.
- At the 2013 Women’s World Cup, Mithali was the best ODI player in the world.
- During her career, she became the first woman in ODI history to score 6000 runs.
- She later earned a spot on the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year.
Mithali Raj Net Worth
In 2023, Mithali Raj Net Worth is projected to have $5 million, including her earnings from cricket, sponsorships, and advertisements.
Her fee for a Test match is expected to be INR 100,000, and her fee for a One Day International is estimated to be INR 1,50,000.
In addition to her BMW, her home is currently valued at 2.2 crores. In Hyderabad, Telangana, she purchased this home in 2012.
Though Mithali Raj, earns crores of rupees every year, she and her family still live simply. According to estimates, Mithali’s net worth is 5.5 crores. Each month, the BCCI receives a salary of 10-20 rupees, while the rest is generated by businesses, TV commercials, and shows.
- Arjuna Award was given to the Mithali in 2003
- In 2015 Padma Shri was awarded to Mithali.
- In 2017 Vogue Sportsperson of the Year was titled to the lady.
- In 2017 Youth Sports Icon of Excellence Award was awarded to the cricketer.
- Winning of Wisden World’s Leading Female Cricketer is also an achievement
- The BBC’s 100 Women was also given to Mithali.