You’ll be lost in World of Warcraft if you don’t learn how to gear up quickly. It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned veteran or a one-month rookie, this skill is essential for your survival. It’s convenient to know it, but above all else, it is a mere necessity. If you want to reach the top in the game of WoW and be a success story of every raid and dungeon visit, you’ll need it. The activities we mentioned are pure fun and excitement but only if you are quick to gear up. Luckily for you, we are going to explain to you how to do it in a few short steps.
Item Levels Basics
Gearing up will not be possible if you do not know the basic item levels. Let’s start with that. Item level is a clear representation of its effectiveness, power, and battle prowess. The higher its level is the higher the stats any given item will provide. Each item in your inventory has a level and you can see it by hovering your mouse above it. When you choose your gear, always look to carry the highest-rated items. This way your character will be closer to its full potential and your raids and dungeons will become easier the more quality items you pack. If you want a quick get-around gearing and leveling up, boosthive needs to be the answer you’re looking for.
Gearin Up and Patch Updates
If you’re into World of Warcraft you already know that we’re talking about a game that is an ecosystem of its own. It is constantly evolving. From the first day, it never stopped going forward. Now and then we receive a new patch update. You can already tell that these patches severely affect our gear and item availability and value. This is why it is essential to read how the patch will affect your game and the valuables you possess before installation. Some patches will do you a favor when you install them and prop up your gear while others will take it down.
Quick Ways to Reach Top Levels
WoW as a game sets the rules and goals quite clear from the get-go. It requires you to aim for the top and to get there quickly. If you’re already on this path, here’s how to get there even faster.
- Dungeons and raids – The best way to prosper in World of Warcraft is to play the game. There’s no better way to get better and more powerful than to complete these quests. With every higher level of dungeons and raids the gear that will drop will be more precious. So, that is that way first.
- World Quests – From time to time, these quests will reward you with proper pieces of gear. So, do not avoid them as rewards await at the end if you’re patient enough.
- Crafting – In the universe of WoW it is possible to craft your gear if you have the abilities of blacksmithing or tailoring. By having these traits, you can tailor items according to your needs and desires.
- Auction house – If you’re an adept trader this should be the road you’re going to take. At an auction house, you can sell items to other players and buy from them too.
Additional Strategies for Gearing Up
The best part about WoW is that it never stops giving. So, we are sure that you’re not surprised that there are plenty more options to use when you want to gear up. Some of the best additional resources you have at your disposal include the following:
- Farming resources – As we already said, you can craft your gear. That’s a nice strategy but it requires different materials. The world of warcraft offers these materials in abundance but they’re scattered across the globe. If you want to collect them, farming is your best option.
- Join a guild – if farming is not something you want to try out, the next best stop should be joining a guild. Once you’re a member you will have access to many more quests, raids, and dungeons that will provide a chance to get your gear up.
- Use Add-ons – WoW is quite supportive of add-ons, so why not use them? Some of them are a great way to work on your gear-up and are created for that purpose.
Player Skills and Why It Matters
Gearing up won’t come on its own. You need to be able to push your skill limit too. Unfortunately, it can’t be bought or acquired any other way than through the means of practice. Once you get a few pieces of gear and become one with your character you need to learn how to utilize their skills accordingly. When you combine the gear you won and your skill, and bring them to a similar level you’ll be able to contribute more on quests and raids and to hold your own and win in PvP. This is why it is essential to work on your gear and your skills simultaneously. Both are equally important for leveling up.
Importance of Keeping up With Meta
As we said at the beginning of this article, this is a game that keeps on evolving. This is why its meta (most effective tactics available) needs to be frequently updated. We also mentioned frequent updates in the form of patches. They often change the way games are played. Because of this, some gear or approaches to the game become unnecessary or ineffective. The best way to excel in this game is to keep yourself up to date. Follow WoW forums, look out for new guides, and work on your skills as we already suggested. When you’re in the same line with the latest meta it is easy to keep your head up, move forward, and up your gear, level, and rating.
World of Warcraft is an ever-evolving gaming experience. As such, it requires the gamers to stay tuned for every piece of news, updates, and patches. You can’t excel if you don’t dedicate time and effort to playing it the right way. Our short guide from above aims to help you go through gear, levels, and ratings to the best of your abilities. Read it, and come back stronger to World of Warcraft.