The south-western town of Cheltenham is home to a plethora of delicious restaurants. From traditional British pub grub and fish & chips, to Italian delicacies and fine dining, there are plenty of great eateries catering to all tastes and budgets. Here are some of the best restaurants in Cheltenham:
- The Stable: A locally-loved restaurant with a passion for serving up delicious pizza and cider in an inviting atmosphere.
- The Big Full English: This rustic eatery serves up classic British breakfasts and hearty pub grub, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- La Trattoria: Sample some of the best Italian food in the south-west at this popular restaurant.
- The Moon & Sixpence: Enjoy a fine dining experience featuring some of the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients around.
- The Kitchen Table at No 131: This chic bistro offers an eclectic menu that features some of the most creative dishes in town.
- The Ivy Cheltenham: This chic brasserie offers all-day dining, serving high quality British classics made with seasonal ingredients.
- Angelica’s Kitchen: Sample freshly cooked Indian food with a unique twist at this popular restaurant.
- Hen and Chicken: Enjoy some traditional pub grub in a laid-back atmosphere at this Cheltenham institution.
For a memorable meal, try one of these restaurants next time you’re visiting Cheltenham! Bon appétit!
Best Afternoon Teas in Cheltenham
Cheltenham is home to some of the finest afternoon teas in England, with a wide selection of tea houses and cafes offering delicious sandwiches, scones, cakes and pastries. Here are some of the best spots for an indulgent afternoon tea experience:
- The Montpellier Chapter – Set in a beautiful Grade II listed Regency building, The Montpellier Chapter is one of the most sought after spots for afternoon tea in Cheltenham. You can enjoy a selection of freshly made sandwiches, cakes and scones all served on beautiful china with a pot of fine loose leaf tea to top it all off.
- The Greenway Hotel & Spa – The Greenway Hotel & Spa is a beautiful hotel just outside of Cheltenham, and it’s afternoon tea experience is one of the best in town. With options for both traditional cream teas and more luxurious afternoon teas with champagne, this is the perfect spot for a special occasion.
- Hallmark Hotel – Located in the beautiful Cotswolds, The Hallmark Hotel is a popular spot for afternoon tea with stunning grounds to enjoy. They offer traditional cream teas and indulgent afternoon teas complete with sparkling wine, champagne or gin depending on your preferences.
- No 131 – If you’re looking for something a bit more luxurious, then No 131 is the perfect spot. This 5-star hotel offers a modern and sophisticated afternoon tea complete with macaroons, homemade pastries and sandwiches all served on fine bone china.
- The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie – For those who prefer something a bit more casual, the Ivy Montpellier Brasserie is the ideal spot. They offer Afternoon Tea with a Twist, which includes delicious sandwiches, cakes and scones with a modern twist.
So if you’re looking for an indulgent afternoon treat in Cheltenham, there are plenty of great options to choose from! From traditional cream teas to more luxurious experiences with champagne, you’ll be sure to find something that suits your taste.
Sights in Cheltenham
include the Pittville Pump Room, which was built as a spa in 1830 with ornate Gothic features. The multi-award-winning building is now home to a museum, theatre and cafe. The Holst Birthplace Museum is also located in Cheltenham and celebrates the life of composer Gustav Holst who was born there in 1874. The museum is located in one of the town’s oldest surviving homes and displays some of Holst’s original scores, instruments and family memorabilia.
Cheltenham also boasts a number of parks including Montpellier Gardens which was designed by renowned landscape architect Humphry Repton. The park includes a lake, waterfall and wildflower area. The nearby Sandford Park is a large, open park with playing fields, tennis courts and a walled garden. Visitors can explore the ruins of 12th century St. Mary’s Church or take part in an outdoor theatre performance at the city’s Everyman Theatre.
Tourists may also find pleasure in visiting Cheltenham Racecourse which hosts some of the biggest horse racing events in the UK. Travelers may also enjoy Cheney Manor Retail Park which is home to more than 30 stores, cafes and restaurants. The town centre offers a number of independent shops and cafes along with popular high-street brands.
There are also cinemas, theatres and art galleries located around the city. Furthermore, Cheltenham boasts a selection of pubs, clubs and bars; catering to all tastes. Cheltenham is an ideal destination for those looking to soak up culture, explore the outdoors and enjoy some retail therapy. With its sleek architecture, elegant parks, lively nightlife and world-class events, there’s plenty here to keep visitors entertained.
Other attractions in Cheltenham include the iconic Clock Tower and a number of historical buildings, such as Christ Church which dates back to 1847. The Gloucester Waterways Museum is also located within the city and features interactive displays and exhibitions about Britain’s canals and waterways. Nature lovers may also enjoy a visit to Leckhampton Hill Nature Reserve which is home to an array of bird species and wildflowers. Finally, the National Trust’s Prior Park Landscape gardens offer picturesque views and a chance to explore local history.
Eager to explore more? How about taking a tour down the Cotswold Way for some breathtaking countryside scenery or visiting Cheltenham’s award-winning Science and Nature Centre? Whatever your preference, Cheltenham has something to offer everyone.
Visit Cheltenham and experience all the city has to offer! Whether you’re looking for a cultural weekend away or just want some time in the great outdoors, you’re sure to find something that tickles your fancy here. From its beautiful parks to its vibrant nightlife, Cheltenham is a great destination for fun and relaxation alike. So come and explore this wonderful city – you won’t regret it!