- In a decision watched across the nation, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said Wednesday she has vetoed a controversial bill that would have allowed businesses to refuse to serve gays on religious grounds
- Tennessee was among the more than two-thirds of states rated as "high risk" for security problems related to its computers tapping into the federal health insurance exchange system
- Republican Gov. Bill Haslam says legislative efforts to make children of people living in the country illegally eligible for in-state tuition "have some merit," but that he has no plans to change his own free tuition proposal to include those same students
- Memphis police have confirmed that a body discovered in a ditch this weekend is that of a 7-week-old baby who went missing more than five weeks ago, and the infant's mother has been charged with first-degree murder
- Under the bill, Tennessee will drop out of the ritual of moving clocks forward an hour each year on the second Sunday in March and then back again on the first Sunday in November.
- Officials at Great Smoky Mountains National Park announced that Sugarlands Visitor Center, Oconaluftee Visitor Center, and Park Headquarters will have a delayed opening tomorrow morning
- Investigators said Tuesday that they have ruled out accidental causes such as a gas leak or electrical malfunction in a deadly house explosion in Wilson County and were trying to figure out what triggered the blast